The Best Ways Local Businesses Can Utilize Social Media in 2021
How does local business utilize social media in 2021? Most of what the social media gurus tell you on YouTube does not apply to local businesses. We’ll give you the skinny so you can get your social media squared away and then you can focus on what you do best — run your business!
It will seem not much has changed between 2020 and 2021 but really, things are always changing in social media. But the top areas you should focus on for your local business are:
- Facebook and Facebook advertising – Facebook is the granddaddy of all social media channels. In short, if you have a local business, you’ve got to have a Facebook business page. It’s a must-have in this day-and-age when everyone is walking around with the Internet in their pockets.
- Instagram – perfect for the visual business, this is quickly becoming a must-have social media channel.
- Google My Business – hands down, this is the most important place for your local business to have a social media presence. When you nurture and cultivate your Google My Business presence, Google will reward you with improved search engine results. It takes work and includes creating post content, uploading images, ensuring your information is all 100% correct and fostering reviews and review responses. But with that work comes great fruits in the guise of better search rankings.
- LinkedIn – this business-focused social media network is great for networking and reaching decision makers. It’s also one of the most under-utilized social media platforms around. Take advantage where your competitors are missing out. Make LinkedIn a part of your social media mix in 2021.
- Video – a year ago we would have told you to start dabbling in video. This year we’re saying you need to take the plunge and figure out how video is included in your social media strategy. The future is now and it’s time to get on board!
In addition, you should give due consideration to the following channels:
- Tik Tok (although it’s probably a year away from true maturation for local businesses)
- Pinterest – great for visual brands
- Funnels such as Click Funnels and Lead Pages
Visit our YouTube channel to learn more!